Plan a visit to the Windy City this fall! You’ll be so glad you came. Chicago is a bustling town filled with amazing attractions, delicious food, luxurious hotels, and amazing people.
When you think of Chicago, most people picture deep dish pizza, the Chicago Bears battling it out at Soldier Field, and Millennium Park with its famous, shiny “bean” sculpture. Chicago is also home to Allstate Arena, a world-class facility in the Village of Rosemont, which borders Chicago’s O’Hare Airport.
Allstate Arena Events
Attending an event at Allstate Arena is one of the many ways you’ll find to enjoy your stay in Chicago. Since 1980, this arena has allowed people from all over the world to enjoy sporting events, concerts, and much more. It is home to the AHL’s Chicago Wolves and seats over 18,500. Allstate Arena is easy to get to from any of Chicago’s many major expressways.
The event list for this fall is pretty impressive. When you come into town, be sure to book tickets to see the Marc Anthony Opus Tour, the WWE Smackdown, the Jurassic World Live Tour, or a Chicago Wolves hockey game.
Here is the full list of events taking place at Allstate Arena in October and November this year:
- 4: Bon Iver (07:30 p.m.)
- 5: Chicago Wolves vs. Grand Rapids Griffins (07:00 p.m.)
- 6: Maná (08:00 p.m.)
- 12: Maná (08:00 p.m.)
- 18: Maluma – 11:11 World Tour (08:00 p.m.)
- 19: Chicago Wolves vs. RockfordIceHogs (07:00 p.m.)
- 20: Chicago Wolves vs. Milwaukee Admirals (03:00 p.m.)
- 23: Chicago Wolves vs. Texas Stars (11:00 AM)
- 26: Chicago Wolves vs. Manitoba Moose (07:00 p.m.)
- 27: Marc Anthony Opus Tour (07:00 p.m.)
- 1 through Nov. 3: Jurassic World Live Tour (All Day Event)
- 8: ANUEL AA: Real Hasta La Muerte Tour Pt. 2 (08:00 p.m.)
- 9: Chicago Wolves vs. Manitoba Moose (07:00 p.m.)
- 10: Chicago Wolves vs. Rockford IceHogs (03:00 p.m.)
- 15: Logic: The Confessions of a Dangerous Mind Tour (07:30 p.m.)
- 16: Chicago Wolves vs. Iowa Wild (07:00 p.m.)
- 19: Chicago Wolves vs. San Antonio Rampage (07:00 p.m.)
- 22 through Nov. 25: WWE 4-Event Package: Smackdown, NXT Live, Survivor Series & Monday Night Raw (All Day Event)
- 22: WWE SMACKDOWN (06:45 p.m.)
- 23: NXT Takeover WARGAMES (05:15 p.m.)
- 24: WWE Survivor Series (05:00 p.m.)
- 25: WWE Monday Night Raw (06:30 p.m.)
- 27: Chicago Wolves vs. Grand Rapids Griffins (07:00 p.m.)
- 29: Bad Bunny: X100Pre Tour (08:00 p.m.)
- 30: Chicago Wolves vs. Manitoba Moose (07:00 p.m.)
Things to do Near Rosemont
Rosemont is a suburb to the northwest of Chicago. Here you’ll find a wide variety of things to do. Take a trip to Fashion Outlets Chicago to hunt down some awesome bargains. Or, visit Zanies Rosemont and enjoy a night of stand-up comedy. If you’re up for an adventure, give indoor skydiving a try at iFLY. Rivers Casino is also located just a few miles outside of Rosemont if you’re looking to test your luck and try to win big. If you’re looking for more things to do in Rosemont, check out its page here. You’ll find lots of great information about places to go and events that are taking place.
Where to Stay
Chicago is a big city that offers numerous hotels priced to meet all budgets. The plans for your trip can help you decide which area of the city you want to stay in. If you are sticking primarily to events and attractions in or around Rosemont, consider the Hyatt Regency O’Hare Chicago. It’s the largest hotel outside of Chicago’s downtown and just five minutes away from the airport. The Westin O’Hare is still close to the airport but gives you a bit of distance in case you wanted a different type of view.
Where to Eat
Rosemont won’t let you down when it comes to good food. Here you’ll be able to find just about any type of food that you’re in the mood for. If you’ve got a hankering for some Chicago deep-dish pizza, be sure to check out Gino’s East of Chicago of Giordano’s. There is no substitute for an authentic Chicago pizza served in Chicago! Some of the other restaurants you may enjoy including Harry Caray’s, Fogo de Chao, Carmine’s, Carlucci, Morton’s The Steakhouse, or Truluck’s. If your mouth is watering now, just wait until you check out the menus for these amazing restaurants.
Getting Around Town
Like other big cities, Chicago offers numerous ways to get around. There is an abundance of taxis and rideshare services you can use. If you visit downtown Chicago, you can also ride on “the L,” Chicago’s subway train. Unlike many other cities, Chicago’s subway runs primarily above ground on elevated tracks, hence the nickname “the L.” Of course, renting a car is always an option. But, unless you plan on doing a lot of driving or visiting far-flung locations, you may be better off relying on other forms of transportation.
As you can see, you can easily plan a long visit to Rosemont or Chicago and you won’t run out of exciting things to do, see, or eat! Chicago is a truly magnificent town that won’t disappoint. Schedule your trip today!